Action Now - Ten Things Any Catholic Can Do to Defend the Faith
< < Return to Catholic Teachings & Church Politics Index
Ten things any Catholic can do to defend the faith:
- Pray for all bishops and priests.
- Affirm with praise and love those priests and bishops who are steadfast in their defense of Catholic teaching by writing to them, and about them when and where you can.
- Be open to discuss the concerns you have with your parish priest by providing charitable comments and suggestions.
- Be available to your priest as a source of assistance in areas of parish life where you feel comfortable serving the people of God.
- Use Celebrate Life magazine and other American Life League publications to help others understand the gravity of the sin of abortion and how affirming life is always a good because life itself is a good -- a gift from God.
- If there is no pro-life group in your parish actively teaching the pro-life principles exposing the evils of contraception and abortion, infanticide and euthanasia, offer to help start such a group. Contact us for details.
- If there is no youth-related pro-life effort in your parish, contact American Life League's youth division to see about the possibilities in that area.
- Express your specific concerns to the bishop, and promise your prayers for him.
- Write letters to the editor focusing attention on Church teaching regarding the dignity of the human person, the intrinsic evil of contraception and abortion; never forget to put a good word in for your favorite Catholic priest, especially when it appears that a particular article or comment is anti-Catholic.
- Let us know what your exact concern is and we will attempt to point you in the right direction if we do not have the materials or contacts you require.